Join us for our Be Renewed sermon series beginning Nov. 8. We will take all we have been eagerly hearing and anticipating as we have explored God's emerging future and combine it with preparing ourselves for this next season at Foley UMC through our Be Renewed series. We’ll think about what it means to renew our minds, hearts, and spirit for this new season, and we’ll consider how the presence of hope and the guarantee of God’s promises inform our moving forward, too.
This series in many ways is a chance for us to live into that focus on transformational discipleship. We’ll seek to understand where we are individually, consider how God is leading us to live more fully in alignment with him, and then commit ourselves to a deeper sense of following Jesus. In tandem with this desire to prepare for what God has in store, we’ll also use our Be Renewed season to go through our stewardship commitment for 2021. As we seek to grow as disciples, there is no better time than now to consider how we’ll honor God with the resources he’s entrusted to us.
As we consider our own stewardship commitments, we have the privilege of giving to God. God has done such amazing things in and through this church in recent years. He has grown our level of generosity, and we’ve been able to give to the community, renovate facilities, and hire staff and build ministries. As we step into this emerging future, we have only just begun what God has in store. As we end 2020, as a church, we want to fully fund our 2021 ministry budget, fund the remaining pieces of our sanctuary renovation, and make sure we have resolved any hurricane related damage to the Spirit Center. As we cheerfully give, God will do more than we can ask or imagine!
Adult Learning Materials
Prayer Cards, Prayer Walks, and Virtual Vigils
As a part of the Be Renewed focus, we will have a special focus on prayer. We are encouraging everyone to pray individually and corporately.
- Look for a prayer card that will come in your mail that will serve as a guide and a reminder to pray for renewal.
- Join us for a (socially distanced) prayer walk on our campus on the following dates. Come to one or all! We will walk and pray outside. If it rains, we will walk in the Spirit Center (spaced out with masks):
- Thursday, Nov. 5 at 10:30 a.m. Afterwards, we invite everyone to meet for lunch outside at Momma Mia's.
- Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 10:30 a.m. (optional lunch following again)
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 19 at 10:30 a.m. (optional lunch following again)
- Tuesday, Dec. 1 at 10:30 a.m. (optional lunch following again)
- Thursday, Dec. 10 at 10:30 a.m. (optional lunch following again)
- Wednesday, Dec. 15 at 5:30 p.m. (special surprise treat following)
- We will also be sending out some special video prayers, Virtual Vigils. We invite you to watch and listen and pray when you receive them in your email.
VIRTUAL VIGIL Join us on Facebook Live Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 6:30 p.m.
You can submit a written prayer to be included in the Virtual Vigil by emailing Donna Schoen at email@example.com or Michelle Stracener at firstname.lastname@example.org or Marti Messick at email@example.com. Just email a sentence or two of a prayer for Foley UMC, our community, our congregation, etc. that you would like to be included in the Virtual Vigil.
DRIVE THRU CELEBRATION on COMMITMENT SUNDAY...Drive thru begins at 2:00 p.m. on Dec. 6. We will have Christmas music, cookies, a drop off for commitment cards and more! Rumor has it that our pastors will be wearing their infamous Christmas suits. Don't miss this fun, socially distanced, drive thru event!