Foley United Methodist Church – Director of Worship
Growing Church – 20 hrs/week – Flexible Working Hours – South Baldwin County, AL
Foley United Methodist Church is an exciting and growing United Methodist church that strives to help people grow as followers of Jesus and impact the south Baldwin county community. Foley UMC is 113 years old and has a rich history. The church is currently in a season of revitalization and laying the foundation for effective ministry in the 21st century serving the south Baldwin community. Foley UMC offers a great team-based work experience. Our staff and church leaders are dynamic, energetic people who enjoy discerning God’s direction for the church and leading the church toward a vibrant season in a casual and light-hearted environment.
Foley United Methodist Church’s Director of Worship (DW) is a 20 hour/week position. The DW gives oversight and leadership to all of the church’s traditional worship ministries. This includes direction of the Chancel Choir and determining the need for and leading new/different ensembles to facilitate excellent worship. The DW will oversee ensemble recruitment, song selection, music library oversight, seasonal worship services (e.g., Christmas and Easter), and accompaniment planning, and the DW will assist in leading congregational worship. The DW will give leadership to worship planning, special services, and oversight of worship-related ministry teams (sound operators, acolytes, Communion servers, etc.). The DW will work with and supervise paid
(accompanists) and non-paid persons from Foley UMC who serve in the worship ministry. The DW also will help design and implement additional traditional worship services as the church grows.
The DW will be responsible for the planning and stewardship of all of the church’s traditional worship-related budgets. As the church grows, the potential for the role of the Director of Worship to develop into a more comprehensive position serving more hours will be possible.
Applicant Requirements and Qualifications
The successful applicant for Foley United Methodist’s Director of Worship position will have the following qualifications:
– Contagious and vibrant faith in Jesus Christ
– Spirit-filled with a passion for helping people engage in authentic and powerful worship of God
– Eager for a challenge of growing and developing a dynamic worship ministry and helping a church lay the foundation for a new generation of ministry through traditional worship
– Able to work well with people of all ages, backgrounds, and spiritual maturities
– Flexibility that allows for modifying and designing services and worship components for the great goal of reaching people for Jesus
– Outstanding musical proficiency (excellent choral direction ability, excellent comprehension of church music, ability to coordinate and lead rehearsals, organize musicians, etc.)
– Able to share vision, recruit, build teams, and empower people for the work of ministry
– Ability to work with a team, seek information from others, and produce excellent work
– Excellent communication skills (written, computer, and spoken) and attention to detail and organization
– Disciplined, self-motivated, and the ability to meet deadlines
– Ability to learn and adapt to Foley United Methodist Church culture, vision, and mission and new
possibilities in worship services
The successful applicant does not need to live in the immediate Foley area. The ability to travel to Foley for rehearsals, Sunday mornings, and other obligations, as needed, is sufficient. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Please email a PDF of your resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in job to firstname.lastname@example.org.